Family of Thomas Evans
Winifred was born at Stepney, Adelaide, on the 17th July, 1878, to Thomas & Fanny Evans (nee Paxton).
Winifred Fairey Evans
On 19th September, 1907, Winifred married William Benning Newland who was born on the 4th November, 1875 at Port Lincoln to Watts & Margaret Newland (nee Egan). The wedding was at St Columba's, Hawthorn, SA.
When their first child was born in 1908, they were living on a farm at Petina on Eyre's Peninsula, about 22 miles from Streaky Bay. In 1917 they sold that farm and accepted the manager's position at Mount Lyndhurst Station owned by the Beltana Pastoral Company. By 1924 they were living at Cordillo Downs, also owned by the Beltana Pastoral Company. In 1943 they were at Murnpeowie Station.
Children born to Ben & Winifred were:
- Clifford Benning Newland 1908 - 1999
- Hubert Gordon Newland born 22.12.1909 - died 28.11.1919 aged 9 years and 11 monthsat Glenelg. He is buried in the family plot at Cheltenham Cemetery. His parents at that time were living at Mount Lyndhurst Station in South Australia.
- Margaret (Peg) Newland 1912 --
- William Colin Newland 1913 -
- Lindsay Hamilton "Brick' Newland 1915 - 2002