Family of Eliza Evans and Francis Daniel Hodge
John Lewis Hodge
John Lewis was born to Francis & Eliza on the 28th July 1882 at Gawler, South Australia - he died on the 2nd November 1965.
He moved to Queensland, and on the 29th April, 1904 John married Ethel Marion Gilmour in the All Saint's Church, Brisbane. Ethel was born to Alexander & Elizabeth Teresa (Martin) on the 1st March, 1881 at Mt. Pleasant in South Australia. Ethel was the eldest of nine children and went to school in Adelaide while living with her grandfather John and her aunts at Chain of Ponds. She died on the 5th January, 1950
When John was a young boy living in Brighton, South Australia, he contracted Typhoid Fever from the tank water which was contaminated by sparrows nesting in the roof of their home. Luckily he recovered.
One day when John was visiting his grandmother, Grannie Evans (Smedley) he was being cheeky by using her old fashioned elastic garters as a shanghai, and Grannie Evans broke into cackles of laughter. She died very soon after.
Children born to John & Ethel: -
- Roma Marion, born 11.10.1906 in Toowoomba, Queensland - married Oliver L. Davidson on 11th April in Brisbane. Oliver had worked for CSR in Fiji. After his death, Roma took a part time job lecturing women on Lyric Cosmetics and demonstrating to parties of women. Roma had a lipstick "Roma" named after her. They had one daughter, born in Fiji. Roma died at Carringbar, NSW in 1988.
- Annette Marion Lambert - married Neville Jackson
- Simon Mark
- Craig Peter - married Susan
- John Lewis (Lew) born on the 8th February, 1909 in Toowoomba, Queensland - died 27th February, 1974 in Bourke, New South Wales. On the 14th December, 1935 in St Paul's Church, Brsibane, John married Jean Constance Lloyd born 27th February, 1911 - died 28th February, 1974
- John Lloyd born at Cloncurry, Queensland and died in 1959.
- David married (1) Brenda (2) Ingrid Anne Antinov (David was a Kangaroo Shooter around Meekathara, Western Australia, and after moving to Chidlow in Western Australia he undertook contracting work.
- Francis Daniel
- Ann- married Ian Lionel Green Ann trained as a Domestic Science Teacher.
- Nerida Jane
- Benjamin Bernard
- Margaret married John Mucklestone on the 4th September, 1965 in Melbourne. (Margaret did her general nursing at Toowoomba and went to Melbourne to do her midwifery, where she met John (a soldier) and they were married there. John was sent to Vietnam a few days after their wedding (in September 1965) They lived for awhile in Boroko.
- Angeline Clarke married M. Scott Smith
- Jacob Stewart
- Scott Clarke
- Jessie Janet married Ian Keith George Rice on the 16th July, 1966. (Janet trained as a Bank Teller after leaving school) George and Janet live on a property
- Rebecca Hodge
- Mark Keith
- Roy Gilmour born on 10th May, 1911 in Toowoomba, Queensland, died 24th June, 1986 - married in 1940 (1) Kay Ashton (2) ?
- Evan Alexander born 11th November, 1913 - married on the 1st April, 1939 in Caloundra, Queensland to Evelyn Burnett
- Lyneve Elizabeth married (1) 24th April, 1966 Robert Serventi (2) 6th August, 1981 Brian Lovelock (3) George Poole (4) Dr Denis Priest.
Children born to Lyneve and Robert:
- Nadia married (1) Martin Elly (2) Ross McConnell
- Pamela Nineen married 18th July 1969 to Louis Bronsveld
- Judy and
- Karen( twins)
- Judy Joanne married 19th July 1970 to Peter Steinlechner
- Herbert Edward (Bill)5th child born to John & Ethel, was born at Roma, Queensland. In 1941 at Cloncurry, Queensland, he married Gladys Hurley. In 1958 in Toowoomba, Queensland he remarried to Corrine Pascoe Child born to Herbert & Gladys -
Children born to Herbert & Corrine -
- Peter Brian married to Margaret Johnson
- Corrine Roma married to Ross McKenzie-Brown
- Evan Vyvyan
- William Roess (Billy) married Leanne Webb
- Christine Joy married in Toowoomba, Queensland to John Duff
- Alexander Richard Lloyd born in Roma, Queensland. married in 1949 to Sonia Catherine Dymes
- John Gilmore married in 1977 to Anne Fraser
- Gabrielle Catherine
- Nancy Barbara
- Lewis Dempsey born in 1920 and dying in 1921
- Ellie Marion married in Fiji on the 7th November1946 to John Stevenson
- Nerida married in 1968 in New Zealand to Brian Rutledge
- Caroline and
- Matthew (twins)
- Penelope Joan was born in Fiji. She married Colin McIntosh and they had two children:
- Roy Evan Igor born in Fiji. Roy married in the USA to Linda Poppvich
- John Christopher born in Fiji. John married in New Zealand to Sharon Wilson
- James born in 1924 in Brisbane and dying in 1992 - marrying in 1954 in St Mark's Church, Sydney, New South Wales to Margaret Shepherd
- Johanna born in Canberra ACT; married Andrew Walker
- Timothy married Megan Stewart
- Kathryn born in Canberra ACT; married to Gus Agemane