Carrington was born at Robe, South Australia on the 17th May 1880. He married Annie Adelaide Jefferis on the 11th October, 1904, at Brougham Place Congregational Church, North Adelaide. Annie was a daughter of the Rev. James Jefferis, who was the Minister of that Church. Rev. W. H Lewis assisted at the wedding. Elsie Jefferis and Matthew Fullarton Hodge were the witnesses at the wedding.
According to the Marriage Certificate, Carrington was a Farmer. He died on the 3rd June 1956 at his home at Yelki, Encounter Bay, South Australia. Annie died on the 22nd April, 1968.
Five children were born to Carrington and Annie
- Margaret Tarlton Hodge married Roger Alexander Laurence Mathwin, who was born in Victoria, but after their marriage in 1926 in St Andrew's Church, Walkerville, South Australia, they moved to Western Australia. Roger was a Station Manager on a farm out of Kojonup.
Margaret and Roger had 4 children, Roger, Frank, Jill, John
- Barbara Jean Hodge was born in 1907. She married Allan Bateman (b. London 1907; Lt, Australian Army 1942-45).
- Richard Jefferis Hodge was born 1909 at Victor Harbor, SA. He married Lorna Boothby. He served in the Australian Army as Corporal from 1942-45. No children. Richard died in 1985 and Lorna died in 1997.
- John Payne Hodge was born in 1911 at Gilberton, SA. He married Jessie Robinson at the Church of Holy Innocents, Belair. John Payne served in the Australian Army (1942-47) as Captain. John and Jessie had one son and two daughters. He died in 1968; she in 2001.
- and Marian Ellie Hodge was born in 1918 at Melrose, SA. She married Arthur Brewster-Jones at Brougham Place Congregational Church, North Adelaide. They appear to have moved to WA where Arthur enlisted in the Australian Army in 1942. He was discharged in Adelaide in 1945 as Sergeant. Marian and Arthur had four children. Arthur died at Victor Harbor, SA, in 1982.