Elsie married Robert Andrew Park in Perth in 1910.
Elsie and Robert first lived at Leederville but moved to Busselton in 1922 under the Group Settlement Scheme. Five children were born in Perth and two at Busselton.
The Group Settlement Scheme was for returned soldiers and unemployed men to develop the country areas of Western Australia. Sir James Mitchell (sometime Mayor of Perth) was local member of Parliament for the Busselton area, and supervised the scheme when the SW was just bushland, with only an odd farm here and there. Each family was given a tin shed initially, then later a 4-roomed house with verandah back and front. They were given £2 per month and allocated a horse, dray, spring cart, and 5 cows, which they milked and took the cream to the butter factory in Busselton.
Elsie and Robert joined Group 52 settled about 10 miles out of Busselton, along with about fifteen other families. They were not rich but gradually got more stock. In 19xx Robert was pulling trees together when something slipped and he took the whole weight. He had a heart attack, after which they moved into Busselton.
Robert died in 1948. Elsie died in 1969 aged 81.
Elsie was the only one of James and Rebecca's eight daughters to have more than one Christian name. The story is told that Rebecca wanted to call her Elsie, but added Elizabeth after her mother. So James wanted Sarah after his mother.
Elsie and Robert's children were:
- Hazel May Park (1909 - ) lived in the Busselton area all her life, except for some time on a sheep station 'up North'. When she married Charles McNess they lived in the South West, moving from mill to mill as he was a benchman in timber mills. The moves were usually in search of more money, but Hazel says "the results were illusory as he gambled and drank heavily". Charles died in 1975 leaving his wife and one son. The McNess family owned an arcade in Perth (opposite the Town Hall) and Charles' father had been Lord Mayor. Hazel now lives in a bed-sitter in Bunbury near her son.
- Olive Ellen Park (1911 - 1987) married John Henry Maslin. They lived at Capel (near Bunbury) and had four children. The youngest, John, was tragically killed in a car accident when he was only 17.
- Robert Andrew Park (Bobbie) (died aged 2),
- William James Park. Bill married Maud Henderson and they lived at Vasse, WA. Bill was a shop assistant in 1952. Three children.
- Douglas Edward Park married Amy Christina Benton (Bennie). Four children.
- Ruby Irene Park married Alex Rose. Alex was a Flt Sgt in the RAAF and they lived in Melbourne, Canberra, Amberley, and other RAAF towns. Three children
- Kenneth George Park. Ken married Joan Rose and they have three sons.