Emmie married Henry Semple PARK in 1907 in the Murchison District of WA.
Henry Semple Park was a baker/pastry cook. He followed the building of the railways, baking bread, sending it up and down the line by train. In 1907 he was at Nannine in the Murchison goldfields area, where he married Emmie. He may have had a small hobby mine, but was not primarily there to prospect. He took his younger brothers to Nannine when the parents died and found them work in the town.
Henry and Emmie had 8 children of which their first died in infancy. There was no doctor at Merredin at the time Claudene took sick and the doctor's advice was to take her to Perth for treatment. Unfortunately the overnight train journey was very cold and she died as a result.
All the children were given the second name Semple after Henry's grandmother. Henry and Emmie moved away from Nannine when the railway was completed (19xx) and went to live in Merredin. They moved from Merredin to Wyalkatchem c. 1912, where he managed a bakery for a short time.
Henry left baking c.1917 and went into the insurance business. In Kalgoorlie in 1919, he rode a bicycle collecting insurance. They returned to Perth in 1920, first to Oxford-street, Leederville for a few months. There the boys could hop over the back fence into the school yard. Shortly after, they moved to Harrowgate St (further up). Lived at Shenton Park 1971.
Henry died in 1953 but Emmie lived on until 1976, just a week before her 97th birthday.
The children were:
- Claudene Park (died 1910 aged 1 year),
- Henry Merredin Semple Park (Bill) (1911 - 1997), never married. Bill was a gardener and stayed home to look after his mother. He was family historian for the Park family.
- Edward Norman Semple Park (Ted) was born in 1914. He married Marion and they had two children. In 1952 they were living at North Beach and Ted was listed as a Woodman. Marion died in 1981 and Ted married Rhoda. Ted had two daughters.
- Sydney Douglas Semple Park (Syd) was born in 1917. He married Phyllis Singleton (died 1990). In 1972, Syd was an ice vendor at Scarborough Beach. Three sons.
- Leslie Alan Semple Park married Leslie Perry (divorced), and later married Ena Tsakholos. Three sons.
- Cyril Bruce Semple Park married (1) Kathleen Watt and (2) Evelyn. Three children.
- Jean Emeline Semple Park married (1) Ellis Davies (div?) and (2) Jim Van Oooran. Four children.
- Beryl May Semple Park married Raymond Adams. They lived at Mount Hawthorn. Raymond died in 1972. Three children.