Claude James married Mary Johnson in Perth, 1906. They lived at 6 Auckland St, Mt Hawthorne, WA until their deaths. Claude worked with the Perth City Council as a labourer. Claude and Mary had nine children:
- Ruby May Claudene was born in 1906 and married (1) Reginald Charles Muller. Reg was a master butcher at Main St Osborne Park and a member of the UAOD Lodge. He died in 1935 and Ruby married (2) Eric Fletcher . The Mullers had one son.
- Pearl Mary Lynette was born in 1910. She married Arthur Leslie Roberts, a mechanic, in 1932.
- Robert Edward (Ted) was born 1911 and married Jean. They separated and divorced. Ted married Elsie in 1965. Four children. Ted was a truck driver. He died in 1981.
- Joseph (died 1917 aged 5 years)
- Rebecca Lucy Janet married Frederic Reg (Reg) Clayton and they had three sons. Reg was a carpenter.
- Peg (Carolyn Emma) married Allan Wallis, a baker/pastrycook. They lived at Carlisle WA and had three sons. Allan committed suicide in the family car. Peg became very involved in her church and was a popular lady
- Dorothy Vera (Dot) married married Jack McCreery, a builder, and they had three children.
- Effie Marguerita married William Hynam. One daughter was born, then they divorced. She later married Bob Mercer and had two daughters.
- Beryl (Min) married Steven Zoranich and they had two sons. Steve died in 2001.