The Family of Elizabeth and Nehemiah Best of Durweston, Dorset
Nehemiah was born in 1817 at Blandford. He was a labourer when he married Elizabeth James in 1837 at Blandford St Mary, but soon progressed to Groom (1844) and was a coachman in London by 1864. Nehemiah married a second time to Emma Keely in 1859 at St Matthew, Bayswater, Mddx.
Nehemiah and Elizabeth had five children
- Carolyn Augusta born 1838 at Blandford St Mary
- Christopher James born 1840 at Blandford St Mary
- Mary Anne born 1841 at Blandford St Mary
- Louisa Elizabeth Beech born at Blandford
- Nehemiah Edward born 1844 at Blandford.
The family appears to have moved to London after this.