The Family of Charles Best and Mary Ann Ranger
Charles was born at Blandford in 1830 to James and Philadelphia. He married Mary Ann Ranger in 1856. He carried on his father's carrying business, based at The Close, near the Blandford railway station (built 186x).
Charles and Mary Ann had six children
- Ellen Maria born 1857, died 1859
- Frank born 1859; died 1942-46. Frank was a Job Master. First married Jessie McClymont of Chichester in 1888. On her death in 1927, he married Geraldine Eliza Kiddle of Bayford in 1928 and they lived in Queen Street, Gillingham, Dorset. Frank and Jessie had three children
- Stewart F McClymont (1890 - 1964). Stewart married Ida
- Dorothy born 1892, married Harry Griffin at Newcastle on Tyne. Dorothy and Harry had two sons
- Roy GRIFFIN (died 1998)
- Robert (Bob) GRIFFIN married Pam. Bob and Pam have one son living in South Africa.
- Agnes (1894 - 1894)
- Charles James born 1862. Charles was a Fishmonger. He married Rose Martin Dyke and they had four sons.
- William born 1885, Blandford
- Edgar born 1889, Blandford
- Fred (1891 - 1892)
- James born 1893
- Fanny (Frances) born 1864; died 1866.
- George , born in 1867, continued the family business and in 1894 married Fanny Selina Jenvey at Wimborne. George and Fanny had four daughters
- Lillian Flora
- Kathleen May
- Lena Alice
- Ethel Mary
- Eliza , born in 1870, married Tom Clementina and had one son, Basil
Charles died in 1920.